Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Introducing........Kimberly!

If you have been to the shop recently, you have probably noticed Liz is no longer working by herself.  In just four short months, the business had grown to the point where Liz felt it was time to hire her first employee.  Enter one experienced cloth diapering and baby wearing mama who had just relocated from Dallas to San Antonio and the rest is pretty obvious!  Please join Liz and I in welcoming Kimberly Riddle to the Go, Baby, Go Shop family!  I had the opportunity to ask Kim some questions so we could get to know her a little better.   

Kim and her beautiful family!
Tell us a little bit about yourself. 

I grew up in the North Dallas area where Tyler and I met our junior year in high school. I attended Allen High School and then went to Collin County Community College where I completed my RDA (Dental Assistant). Tyler and I are getting ready to celebrate 8 years together. We have two children, Reid, who is 5 and Sawyer, 15 months. 

How did you find out about Go, Baby, Go? 

I can't remember exactly but I know Twitter was involved.

What got you started cloth diapering? 

My sister-in-law got me hooked .... or should I say addicted?!! 

What is the one cloth diapering product Go, Baby, Go sells that you couldn't live without? 

CJ's Butter! 

What is your favorite carrier and babywearing position? 

That is a hard question to answer.  I am the owner of many carriers (I will not say how many in case
Tyler happens to read this!).  I love them all for different reasons.  I will say my favorite position is a back carry.  Sawyer loves to look over my shoulder and explore the world!

Tell us about the babywearing group you recently started. 

My friend Stephanie and I started a local babywearing group, San Antonio Area Babywearers, shortly after I moved down here for the simple fact that I missed my old one in Dallas.  It was also a nice way to meet other babywearing moms.  Before moving, we knew no one in the San Antonio area.  Stephanie and I wanted a place where people could go to buy, sell, or trade their carriers and wraps as well as get advice on babywearing. We offer a lending library for our members to have a "try before they buy" opportunity, carrier tuteriols, and safety resources and information on babywearing.  Our "little" group has now grown to over 100 members!  We have two meetings a month and in August, we are starting an intensive wrap instruction for those who want to learn how to wrap their little ones.

 Kim keeps her hands full at the shop! Where else can you shop while someone else wears and comforts your babies for you? 
Go, Baby, Go and Kim ROCK!! 
Photo Courtesy of Marci Brigance

In just 7 short months, Kim has managed to get a job, start a babywearing group and meet a ton of cloth diapering and babywearing moms.  I'd say she has done quite well acclimating to San Antonio!  Recently, she was put in charge of the shop's newest undertaking, Bagel n' Buns Monday Morning Diaper Chat, a casual meeting with a different topic pertaining to cloth diapers each week.  So.......whether you need help with cloth diapers or carriers, want to meet other babywearing moms, or have a problem and need to chat about it, Kim is your one stop source for information!  Next time you're in our neck of the woods, stop by and say hello! --Gina

For more information on our next Bagel n' Buns meet up, go here.

If you are in San Antonio or the surrounding area and want to join the San Antonio Area Babywearers group, you can request membership here.

No comments:

Post a Comment